Make dinner a selfless act by joining us for a fundraiser to support Bluffsview Elementary PTA. Come in to the Chipotle at 6590 Sawmill Rd. in Columbus on Monday, October 1 between 4:00 and 8:00 pm. Bring in a flyer, show it on your smartphone, or tell the cashier you’re supporting the cause to make sure that 33% of the proceeds will be donated to Bluffsview Elementary PTA.
On Friday, students attended an assembly to officially kick off the school Mumkin sale. Each student received:
- An Envelope with their name & unique web sales code
- A Mumkin kick-off letter (attached below)
- An order form for tracking
New this year: Using your student’s unique web sales code, friends and family can order online and pay via credit card!
We want this to be as easy as possible for parents and kids alike, so we have put together some verbiage, as well as photos of items available (also below) that is easy for you or your child to post or send to friends and family.
Also new this year: Any student selling 20 Mumkins will get to enjoy a VIP Pizza Party in the Teachers Lounge!
Please let Jaime Bystrek or Courtney Grant know if you have any questions.
The first PTA meeting of the year will be held on Tuesday, September 18, in the media center. All are welcome to attend.
We will begin our business meeting early than normal at 6 p.m. Then at 7 p.m., Angie Adrean, Chief Academic Officer for Worthington City Schools, will discuss information regarding the Levy initiative for the November election
Hope to see you there!
Don’t forget that Picture Day is tomorrow, Monday, August 27.
Prepay for your package today. Complete pricing and ordering information is online at shop.hrimaging.com. Be sure your child has his/her order envelope completely filled out with exact payment or online receipt.
Don’t forget those smiles!!
The Bluffsview PTA has a busy year planned! Note the following dates for the 2018-19 school year.
- August 2: Kindergarten Popsicle Meet & Greet 6-7 p.m.
- August 10: Class lists posted, Supply Kit pick up
- August 13: Back-to-School Meet & Greet, Supply drop off 4:30-6:30 p.m.
- August 23: Curriculum Night 6:15-7 p.m. OR 7:15-8 p.m.
- August 27 : School Pictures
- September 7 : Mumkins Kick Off
- September 14: Zoo Visit
- September 18: PTA meeting in Library 7 p.m.
- October PTA Reflections Kickoff
- October 4: Mumkin Pickup
- October 16: School Photo Retakes
- October 18: Family Fun Night 6-8:00 p.m.
- October TBD: Fall Class Parties
- November 13: PTA meeting in Library 7 p.m.
- November 20: Turkey Trot
- November 30: Parents Night Out 6-10 p.m.
- January TBD: Read In
- January 15: PTA meeting in Library 7 p.m.
- February TBD: Winter Class Parties
- March 1: Dudes ‘N Donuts 7:15-8 a.m.
- March 19 : PTA meeting in Library 7 p.m.
- April TBD: Spring Carnival/Raffle 12-3 p.m.
- Staff Appreciation Week
- May TBD: Science Night
- May 3: Dames ‘N Donut 7:15-8 a.m.
- May 14: PTA meeting in Library 7 p.m.
- May TBD: Field Day
- May TBD: End of Year Class Parties
When: Thursday, August 2
Time: 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Where: Bluffsview Playground
Bring your new Bluffsview Bear for a popsicle & to meet the other 2018-2019 Kindergartners! You’ll also have a chance to meet the other Kindergarten parents. Your PTA Welcome Committee Representatives will be present to answer any last minute questions you might have before school starts!
Looking for something for the kids to do tomorrow? You may be interested in the Community Kids Field Day at the WKHS football stadium tomorrow.
International Baccalaureate students at WKHS invite all kids ages 4 – 4th grade to attend our 2nd Community Kids Field Day from 10:00 – 1:00 on Thursday, May 24 in the Worthington Kilbourne football stadium.
Kids can celebrate the first day of summer by playing organized games with their friends for a great cause – all proceeds go to PackH2O, which provides backpacks to filter and carry water in developing countries.
Kids will be organized by age for a fun morning of games and pizza lunch. Please see the attached flier for more information and to register: https://www.locallevelevents.com/events/details/4801
A few reminders of items to pack for today’s “IN TENTS” Field Day:
- TENNIS SHOES (No tennis shoes = NO PLAY!)\
- TIE DYE SHIRT from art. Be sure clothes can get wet and possibly dirty.
- PACKED LUNCH W/DRINK The cafeteria will NOT be open.
- SWIM SUIT under clothes (optional but highly recommended)
- SUNSCREEN! (please apply before school)
- WATER BOTTLE (MANDATORY) marked with name
- TOWEL (optional but recommended) marked with name
- SPARE CLOTHES & footwear (a plastic bag to put in) for after school. (Highly recommended)
We are working with SchoolKidz again this year to provide school supply kits filled with the supplies requested by our teachers for each grade level and EPP. In addition, we are offering the opportunity to purchase backpacks, lunch boxes and other accessories.
Ways to Order:
Orders can be placed online at www.shopttkits.com using account number 30600. The online ordering deadline is June 1st.
Complete order form and return to school with a check made out to Bluffsview PTA. If purchasing more than one kit and/or supplies, the check can be made out for the total amount. Order forms are due in the office by May 18.
Supply Kit Pick-Up Day will be August 10, the same day class lists will be posted. Times have not yet been determined for pickup. Watch for summer emails! Plan Books will be available for purchase too. All students in Grades 2- 6 will need a plan book. They are $7.00 each.
EPP Math: Graph paper, ear buds or headphones and calculators are available for purchase on the Bulk Order Form. Purchasing a calculator for EPP is optional. Geometry templates will be available for purchase on August 10th as well. They are $8.00 each.
Please Note: Teachers are requesting that each student have earbuds or headphones. In Kindergarten, headphones are preferred. They may be purchased at a store of your choosing or they are available for purchase on the Bulk Order Form.
If you have any questions please contact Jamie DeCarlo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
By request, we are extending the deadline to RSVP to tomorrow by 9AM. You can send in the form, or send an email with the requested information to email@example.com.